Oracle Integration permission error (368 Views)
Advisor
Joe A Miller
Message 1 of 3 (368 Views)
Accepted Solution

Oracle Integration permission error

I am getting the following error when the recovery catalog backup starts (the rest of the backup completes successfully), this is a new client/cell server installation but I've never seen this at other customers. Can you tell me what account needs write access to the /var/opt/omni/tmp directory? And is it that directory on the client or cell?

[Normal] From: ob2rman@gusala13.goodrich.root.local "backtest"  Time: 01/22/14 11:38:31
    Starting backup of recovery catalog.

[Normal] From: ob2rman@gusala13.goodrich.root.local "backtest"  Time: 01/22/14 11:38:31
    Starting Oracle Export utility.

[Major] From: ob2rman@gusala13.goodrich.root.local "backtest"  Time: 01/22/14 11:38:32
    The database reported error while performing requested operation.

CREATE OR REPLACE DIRECTORY DP_TMP_24824 AS '/var/opt/omni/tmp'
 ERROR at line 1:
 ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

[Major] From: ob2rman@gusala13.goodrich.root.local "backtest"  Time: 01/22/14 11:38:32
    Dump directory creation failed.

Backup of recovery catalog failed.

Thank you,

Joe

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Bob_Clark
Message 2 of 3 (347 Views)

Re: Oracle Integration permission error

It appears to me like the login information for the recovery catalog was not entered correctly when the Oracle integration was done

I normally like to do integrations from the command line of the Oracle server as opposed to doing it from the GUI, but, that is more of a personal preference

Normally, you would integrate an Oracle instance by running the command

cd /opt/omni/lbin

,/

util_oracle8.pl -config -dbname DB_NAME -orahome ORACLE_HOME

PRIMARY_DB_LOGIN  CATALOG_DB_LOGIN

where

PRIMARY_DB_LOGIN

is:

-prmuser

PRIMARY_USERNAME

-prmpasswd

PRIMARY_PASSWORD

-prmservice

PRIMARY_NET_SERVICE_NAME_1[,PRIMARY_NET_SERVICE_NAME_2 ...]

CATALOG_DB_LOGIN

is:

-rcuser

CATALOG_USERNAME

-rcpasswd

CATALOG_PASSWORD

-rcservice

CATALOG_NET_SERVICE_NAME

CLIENT_NAME

Name of the Oracle Server system with the database to be configured. It must be specified in a cluster environment.

DB_NAME

Name of the database to be configured.

ORACLE_HOME

Pathname of the Oracle Server home directory.

PRIMARY_USERNAME PRIMARY_PASSWORD

Username and password for login to the target or primary database. Note that the user must have the SYSDBA privilege granted.

PRIMARY_NET_SERVICE_NAME_1[,PRIMARY_NET_SERVICE_NAME_2, ...]

Net services names for the primary database.

CATALOG_USERNAME CATALOG_PASSWORD

Username and password for login to the recovery catalog. This is optional and is used only if

you use the recovery catalog database as an RMAN repository for backup history.

CATALOG_NET_SERVICE_NAME

Net service name for the recovery catalog.

I did not include the options for DataGuard or RAC, they are available in the Integrations GUide

An example would look like this

./util_oracle8.pl -config -dbname oracle -orahome /app10g/oracle10g/product/10.1.0

-prmuser system -prmpasswd manager -prmservice netservice1

-rcuser rman -rcpasswd manager -rcservice catservice

The name of the service usually can be found in the file 'tnsnames.ora', although, typically, it is the same as teh instance name

If this returns RETVAL*0, this means that all the configuration information was accepted.  However, to see if it correct, run the command:

util_oracle8.pl -chkconf -dbname DB_NAME

This must also return RETVAL*0

One other possibility:  in most Oracle configurations, the Recovery Catalog is not used, the Control file is used instead.  When defining the Oracle Backup pecification, the option to use teh REcovery Catalog may have been inadvertantly selected. It is worth checking

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Joe A Miller
Message 3 of 3 (340 Views)

Re: Oracle Integration permission error

The solution was that the recovery catalog account that DP is using to connect did not have the proper rights in Oracle. I do not know Oracle but the DBA said she added create and delete priviledges to the account and now that part of the backup is completing successfully.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation