Re: Omniback, SAP, and NFS (93 Views)
Advisor
Seth Patterson
Message 1 of 3 (93 Views)

Omniback, SAP, and NFS

Hi all,

I need some help with an NFS/Omniback issue I am having. We have an N-class running Oracle for an SAP app. That server also pushes out a couple of NFS clients to some app servers. The app servers are K460's and are the front end for SAP. The problem I am having is that the Omniback backup is hogging the disk so badly that I am getting RPC-lookup failures from the app servers. Here is what I want help on:
Do any of you know how to tune down Omniback so that it runs at a lower level? I am fine with the backup taking longer if it frees up the disk a little. The disk is on Autoraid 12H. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Respected Contributor
Magdi KAMAL
Message 2 of 3 (93 Views)

Re: Omniback, SAP, and NFS

Hi Seth,

We can take all the adventage from Omniback when the filesystems that we backups are mounted internaly, but when NFS file systems gets in play with the backup, this increase the network traffic considerably and RPC timeouts start playing.

You would increase the timeout value for your application server so that it could supports the storm of omni transfer.

Magdi
Advisor
Seth Patterson
Message 3 of 3 (93 Views)

Re: Omniback, SAP, and NFS

Thanks Magdi,
However, we do not backup the NFS files. I just want to tune down OB in general and see if that will relieve the disk i/o a bit. Any suggestions?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.