OmniBack 3.1 (155 Views)
Frequent Advisor
KLoeff
Message 1 of 10 (155 Views)
Accepted Solution

OmniBack 3.1

Where does the OB patch OMNIBACK_00012 get installed, a) NT OmniBack Cell Server b) All NT clients c) only NT clients with the GUI installed d) NT Windows installation server and then push out new software to all NT clients. We have the Cell Server running on HP-UX and back-up NT clients is this patch applicable ???
Honored Contributor
Berlene Herren
Message 2 of 10 (155 Views)

Re: OmniBack 3.1

According to the patch text:

Patch has to be installed on the system where the OmniBack II manager.exe (graphical user interface) is running.

Maybe I'm not on the right track?

Berlene
http://www.mindspring.com/~bkherren/dobes/index.htm
Frequent Advisor
KLoeff
Message 3 of 10 (155 Views)

The GUI can run on an NT box that doesn't get backed up...so is this patch only for the GUI ? , also we have NT systems that do not have the GUI but do get backed up they just have the disk agent installed is it needed there also, from reading the patch text I guess not, also should I put it on the Windows installation server and push it out to the systems with the GUI installed ??
Thanks
Honored Contributor
Berlene Herren
Message 4 of 10 (155 Views)

Kevin, I won't lie - Omniback is a mystery to me. Let me get an OB resource for you.

Berlene
http://www.mindspring.com/~bkherren/dobes/index.htm
Esteemed Contributor
Anthony Goonetilleke
Message 5 of 10 (155 Views)

Hi,
I was thinking the same question, the patch actually tells you how to instal it if either it is a client or a cell manager. In our case the NT boxes are al clients so I was going to DL the patch and aply it on the local NT boxes. I have attached the description FYI...
Minimum effort maximum output!
Frequent Advisor
KLoeff
Message 6 of 10 (155 Views)

Anthony
The patch you have the doc for is 00011, that patch is for 3.0 and has diff install instructions than 00012, your patch looks as if you will need to update your installation server first and then push out to all your NT clients and if your Cell Manager is on NT than you will have to do that one manually.
I was hoping to get that type of answer on my 00012 but it looks as if I will need to call the RC.
thanks
Kevin
Kevin
Honored Contributor
Antonio Valle_1
Message 7 of 10 (155 Views)

I'm not very good with OB, but if you look at the patch description, it solves problems with media agents, disk agents, cell mgr and online agents, so I think that you should install the patch on you cell server and redistribute the MA and DA to all the members of your cell.

Think that it is a cummulative patch.

Antonio
Respected Contributor
Tommy Brown
Message 8 of 10 (155 Views)

I installed the patch on my NT installation server, then updated my clients via the user interface. I then checked the "ABOUT" on the different clients to verify that they were updated.
I may be slow, but I get there !
Respected Contributor
Tommy Brown
Message 9 of 10 (155 Views)

I forgot to mention that my cell server is also HPUX 10.20. I had the user interface open while I patched to Install server (locally executed on the server), but I don't think it made a difference. Also, I did not check the "update only if older" selection when I updated the clients. I ran the update of clients from the Unix cell server. I did get the message (regarding file not backed up due to changed file size)that was indicated in the patch file..
Tommy
I may be slow, but I get there !
Frequent Advisor
KLoeff
Message 10 of 10 (155 Views)

Thanks Tommy
I just pushed out the patch from the installation server after updating it and checked the build level on the client and it was OMNIBACK_00012 so it does work the way you would think it should.
Kevin
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.