OMNIBACK II 3.1 Import failed (61 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Fraber
Message 1 of 6 (61 Views)

OMNIBACK II 3.1 Import failed

Hi,

I have a little Problem. I want to install OB-Agent remotly on NT4 Server. It looks fine until Ob tries to import the client into its DB. There comes Error 110:1008 Import failed. What should this be??? Help

P.S. Thanx
Thommy
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Phani V Yenugu
Message 2 of 6 (61 Views)

Re: OMNIBACK II 3.1 Import failed

Check the Inet service on the client.
You can try telnet 5555.
You should get a reply that the service is Omniback with the Build version etc.
Let me know if this works.

Phani
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Eric J. Gonzalez
Message 3 of 6 (61 Views)

I have seen that sometimes. If the import fails during the installation try this:

a. Try to do the import from the Cell Manager
if fails, then
b. Try to reinstall the NT client again, if it fails,
c. Check on the NT client, Control Panel, services, and try restarting the Omniback service, and repeat steps a and b.
d. Also, if the NT client had a previous version of omniback, it is necessary to delete the account information in the service.

Hope this helps.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ken Smith_1
Message 4 of 6 (61 Views)

Be sure the client can resolve itself and the cell manager by name, i.e, with nslookup. I have seen this cause problems of this sort in the past.
OVSO Support - HP Response Center
Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Anthony Goonetilleke
Message 5 of 6 (61 Views)

This will occcur if the client has been part of another cell at some time and still has the confiuration files on teh client. Try installing all these first and the importing it.
Minimum effort maximum output!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Nazmal Kanji
Message 6 of 6 (61 Views)

Try the following

Whether you are using DNS or the Host file - make sure the client and the cell manager can resolve to each other. This is one of the most common reasons that the import fails. Once the client and the the Cell manager can see each other -uninstall the OB software from the client and reinstall. Make sure that when you do the reinstallation - you indicate the hostname of the cell manager and not the IP Address. Once that is complete try doing the import again from the cell manager.

Remember it is extremely important that the cell manager and the client can see each other via the hostname.

Good Luck.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation