OBDR for a linux client (363 Views)
Occasional Visitor
VSCO
Message 1 of 4 (363 Views)

OBDR for a linux client

Hello
I have a windows cell manager on v7.03 and backup a series of linux clients. For these linux backups we run a post exec script on the linux client with the following:

omniiso -session $SESSIONID -cd -out /tmp/'hostname'.iso

This appears to work and create the iso on some hosts but on others I receive error:

Error updating SRD file objects [error: -10]. Aborting

The backup otherwise works and all objects withing the client have been selected in the backup. Any ideas?

The other issue I have had with this regards the recovery of a server for which the omniiso command has worked. I have tried booting up the RedHAT linux server off the recovery iso to test the server recovery. The server boots off the CD and I see an ISOLINUX message to press enter to start recovery. Once I do this you see various text scrolling through the command prompt e.g detecting the CPUs, loading various .ko modules. A message "starting disaster recovery..." is then displayed but then the following errors are received:

Unable to open /dev/tty2: No such file or directory"
Unable to open /dev/tty3: No such file or directory"
Unable to open /dev/tty1: No such file or directory"

this repeats for a few lines and then:

"INIT: id "2" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes"
"INIT: id "3" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes"
"INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel

Any help would be appreciated

Honored Contributor
Sebastian.Koehler
Message 2 of 4 (338 Views)

Re: OBDR for a linux client

[ Edited ]

Please provide details on your Linux clients (distro, version, disk layout, volume manager, software raid or other). You should check the logs in /var/opt/omni/tmp/AUTODR.log on the client where omniiso is run?

Regards,

Sebastian

---
Assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
Occasional Visitor
VSCO
Message 3 of 4 (318 Views)

Hello

Thanks for your reply. The linux servers are Redhat 5. In the client lise the platform is shown as gpl x86_64 linux-2.6.18-200.1.1.el5

Is this the info you require?

Honored Contributor
Sebastian.Koehler
Message 4 of 4 (311 Views)

From the error message, I can only guess your Linux clients are not running DP A.07.03. Please run omnicheck -patches -host <Linux Client> and the command /opt/omni/lbin/omniiso -version from the Linux client.

Regards,

Sebastian

---
Assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.