Re: NFS mount backup (281 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Yiannis Gregoriou
Message 1 of 4 (325 Views)

NFS mount backup

[ Edited ]

Having the following issue while backing up an NFS mount called "/u" on a Linux server. While the data is 27Gig the counters in the monitor window just go up and up and the backup never ends thus reaches the full capacity of my backup file library which is by the way 4TB. Cell manager server is 6.21 running on Win2008R2 and client is Linux with agent 6.21 as well. Was working fine for a week or so even after the upgrade to 6.20(6.21 with the patch).Any ideas?

Honored Contributor
Sebastian.Koehler
Message 2 of 4 (310 Views)

Re: NFS mount backup

Have seen such issues on DP 6.0 and Tru64 5.1 recently where a AdvFS mount point was pulling 20x the capacity. Please rise a call with HP and provide debugs. Maybe the DA follows some hard/soft links multiple times. Can you provide more details on filesystems and NFS version used on client and server?

Regards,
Sebastian
---
Assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
Honored Contributor
Sebastian.Koehler
Message 3 of 4 (294 Views)

A known issue came up in the SSO portal. Maybe you should check it out...

VBDA ***** After upgrade to 6.21 NFS mountpoints backed up as local mountpoints
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1334079

Regards,
Sebastian
---
Assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
Occasional Contributor
Yiannis Gregoriou
Message 4 of 4 (281 Views)

Thanks Sebastian. Sorry for my late response. The NFS server is Solaris 11 with ZFS. i think the issue i am having looks like the one described in the caveat.  the strange thing is that it was working well with DP DA v6.0. Thanks again.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.