Re: EADR Linux (646 Views)
Advisor
itrc-name
Message 1 of 4 (691 Views)

EADR Linux

Hello,

i have tried to use eadr for linux. The backup is working fine, without any error message.

Then i create the recovery.iso on another linux system with java gui.

Now i will boot with this newly created iso image but i get only a error message:

6/7/2012 4:54:38 PM Error: Starting - WARNING: /dev/xvda is not a disk image - Traceback (most recent call last): - File "/usr/bin/pygrub", line 746, in ? - raise RuntimeError, "Unable to find partition containing kernel" - RuntimeError: Unable to find partition containing kernel

My environment is a data protector 7 installation on open suse 11.4 with cm on windows 2k8 r2. The linux server is a vm on xenserver 5.6 fp2

Any ideas?

Regards

Honored Contributor
JBasilio
Message 2 of 4 (684 Views)

Re: EADR Linux

Hi

Please check support matrix

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1363319/binary/DP7.00_SupportMatrix_DisasterReco...

As I can see SUSE 11.4 is not supported yet for EADR

Advisor
itrc-name
Message 3 of 4 (680 Views)

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

SUSE 11.1 is quite deprecated, current we have 12.1

The client installation and backup with on SUSE 11.4 was running without any problems.

The problem is, that the system isnt booting from rcovery iso. The system cant find the kernel - should this caused on SUSE 11.4?

I would be surprised if that only a problem of SUSE above 11.1 but i can give it a try.

Regards

Honored Contributor
Sebastian.Koehler
Message 4 of 4 (646 Views)

Please don't mix up OpenSuSE with SLES. Data Protector supports RHEL and SLES for EADR. SLES 10 SP4 and SLES 11 SP2 are latest and greatest. Supported is SLES 10 SP3 and SLES 11 SP1 with DP 7.00 right now. Everything else could work but you need to test. If you need OpenSuSE EADR support, open an Enhancement Request with HP.

Regards,
Sebastian
---
Assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.