Re: Deleting components in Omniback (28 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Mavilde dos Anjos
Message 1 of 2 (28 Views)

Deleting components in Omniback

hello,
this must look some silly question, but, how do we delete components from a client in Omniback NT?
i can add components to a client, but if later i want to delete that component there's no way to do that?! Just deleting the client installing again without adding the component..

Thanks,
Mavilde
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Joseph T. Wyckoff
Message 2 of 2 (28 Views)

Re: Deleting components in Omniback

To my knowledge there isn't a way to simply delete one component.

This might be particularly troublesome for your installation/depot server or for an SQL installation (where you later decide to upgrade from SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0.)

There is a file cell_info on the cell server which lists which agents are installed per host - as far as the Omniback cell knows.

You could edit out references from this file so that Omniback doesn't report the presence of a given agent.

This does not really remove any of the software, however, and so is fairly incomplete.

Also there may be issues with this method.

A more supportable (if inconvenient) way to do this would be to uninstall Omniback, delete any remaining Omniback files, and finally re-install Omniback with only the agents you want to keep.

With luck this uninstall/delete/reinstall will only take you about 15 minutes. (More over a Wide Area Network, of course...)
Omniback and NT problems? double check name resolution, DNS/HOSTS...
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation