Re: Deleting components in Omniback (34 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Mavilde dos Anjos
Message 1 of 2 (34 Views)

Deleting components in Omniback

hello,
this must look some silly question, but, how do we delete components from a client in Omniback NT?
i can add components to a client, but if later i want to delete that component there's no way to do that?! Just deleting the client installing again without adding the component..

Thanks,
Mavilde
Honored Contributor
Joseph T. Wyckoff
Message 2 of 2 (34 Views)

Re: Deleting components in Omniback

To my knowledge there isn't a way to simply delete one component.

This might be particularly troublesome for your installation/depot server or for an SQL installation (where you later decide to upgrade from SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0.)

There is a file cell_info on the cell server which lists which agents are installed per host - as far as the Omniback cell knows.

You could edit out references from this file so that Omniback doesn't report the presence of a given agent.

This does not really remove any of the software, however, and so is fairly incomplete.

Also there may be issues with this method.

A more supportable (if inconvenient) way to do this would be to uninstall Omniback, delete any remaining Omniback files, and finally re-install Omniback with only the agents you want to keep.

With luck this uninstall/delete/reinstall will only take you about 15 minutes. (More over a Wide Area Network, of course...)
Omniback and NT problems? double check name resolution, DNS/HOSTS...
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.