Re: Data protector 6.2 license problem (153 Views)
Visitor
AShemsan
Message 1 of 3 (193 Views)

Data protector 6.2 license problem

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I have problem with license for Data protector 6.2 on Linux.

I had one DP 6.2 Cell Manager installed on SUSE linux 11 SP1 and D2D bacup system  whith iSCSI.  After D2D system was crashed, I attach  Storage Once MSL-4048 to Cell Manager and reinstall system, because  SUSE linux 11 SP1 not find Storage Once MSL-4048 in P-212 Array and I lost all backup data. I install SUSE linux 11 SP3, and DP6.2 n a clean sisemu but got problems with licenses.  I have "Cell Manager & Single Drive for Windows / NetWare / Linux" and  "Drive Extension for Windows / NetWare / Linux"  but system require "Cell Manager for all platforms" and "Drive Extension for SAN / all platforms".  Why ?!!!

Results for:

"omnicc -password_info" and "omnicc -check_licenses -detail" in attach

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
nikhil_d
Message 2 of 3 (169 Views)

Re: Data protector 6.2 license problem

I *think* the problem is due to non-recgnition of the platform (uname -a string).

You seem to have a newer kernel  with SP3 (3.0??)  as opposed to 2.6x with SP1 earlier.

IIRC, 3.0 Kernel support was delivered later with a patch....have you patched the 6.20 with all the latest patches including the bundle 6.21?

If so, log a support call, support should be able to deliver you a fix.

Regards,

Nikhil

Please use plain text.
Visitor
AShemsan
Message 3 of 3 (153 Views)

Re: Data protector 6.2 license problem

Thank you. That's what I have. I installed the patch 6.21 but they do not help. Same thing in DP7.0. Tech Support, unfortunately, has already ended. I would change the platform.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation