Re: Data Protector install on windows 2000 server (74 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (74 Views)

Data Protector install on windows 2000 server

Hello all!

I am trying to install Data Protector 5.5 onto a windows 2000 server which already has 5.1

Theres no entry in add/remove programmes for the 5.1 install so I have not removed it - I was reluctant to just delete C:\programme files\omniback.

I need to move it to a new 5.5 cell from the 5.1 cell its currently in.

Anyway, I put the CD in, menu pops up, select install data protector 5.5, then get the preparing to install box for ages, then an error about cant connect to installation server.

i'm not a windows kinda guy so any advise apriciated.
Frequent Advisor
Message 2 of 4 (74 Views)

Re: Data Protector install on windows 2000 server

Hi,

Is the Windows 2000 server a Data Protector Client or is it the Cell Manager?

Do you have a Windows Installation Server installed with 5.5 or did you have one at some point 5.1 maybe? Look under the Installation Server Tab in Clients.

You should be able to just install from the CD anyway and it will upgrade the current version.

Rgds,
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Message 3 of 4 (74 Views)

Its a client in a cell managed by an HOUX server, and we dont have a windows installation server in the old cell or the new one.

With 5.5, is there a seperate CD for the windows install server and the application? I only seem to have one windows CD, but 2 for HPUX and Solaris.
Frequent Advisor
Message 4 of 4 (74 Views)

Hi,

No for Windows there is only 1 CD, can you see a Windows Installation Server listed in your Clients ->Installation Servers. If so you could remove it and then try the Install Again.

When you start the install on the Windows Server are you prompted to install either a Cell Manager / Client / Installation Server?

Is the current Cell Manager the same as before just upgraded to 5.5 or is it a new server name? You may need to find the cell_server file and delete its contents on the client or find in the Registry the Cell Server key and delete.

Rgds,

Paul
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.