10-10-2007 02:18 AM
we have to migrate Data Protector 5.5 from existing server to a new server.
New server wil lhave different hostname?
Now can i any one point me to right direction , where i found procedure to do this.
What steps would i have to follow to restore the server to new Server?
Also i have another question, since we are migrating to new server, is it better to upgrade Data Protector 5.5 to version 6?
Not sure this upgrade would complicate things more.
Would it be better to Migrate the Data Protector as it is(5.5)to new server and then later perform Data Protector 6 upgrade?.
Thanks in advance.
10-10-2007 09:52 PM
And this to move / copy the IDB
Don't forget to change the IP adres for you licenses if the IP adres of the cell manager changes. http://webware.hp.com
I advise to first move the database and the upgrade to DP6.0
12-16-2013 01:27 AM
Here is a roadway to migrate data protector from Win2008 R2 to new Win2008 R2
1. Install new DP on new W2008R2 server
2. Import the license to new DP server that was taken from the old DP server to new DP server by copying the file
3. Import the clients to new DP server that was taken from the old DP server to new DP server by copying the file
(C:\ProgramData\ folder is invisible You have to change the folder setting to see the directory )
4. Create a copy of IDB on old DP server by creating a directory and writing the old DP IDB
>C:\ProgramData\OmniBack\Config\bin\omnidbutil -writedb C:\IDB\
5. Copy the C:\IDB\ from old DP server to new DP server and import IDB
>C:\ProgramData\OmniBack\Config\bin\ omnidbutil -readdb C:\IDB\
6. If you want you can change the configuration of dbcf files
7. To add clients you have to add a user that has privilage to add client .Add dataproservice user(Active Directory User) to new DP
8. Give the same password in Active Directory
Thas all folks :)
Have a nice migration!!!