Re: Data Protector 6.21 and HP StoreOnce-powered software deduplication is here! (6746 Views)
Advisor
Shari_Cravens
Message 1 of 9 (8,278 Views)

Data Protector 6.21 and HP StoreOnce-powered software deduplication is here!

[ Edited ]

We are proud to announce the availability of Data Protector software, now powered by HP StoreOnce. 

Data Protector software deduplication functionality is now available through the Data Protector Advanced Backup to Disk license. Existing customers with an Advanced Backup to Disk license simply upgrade to v6.21, available via the HP support portal, to take advantage of software deduplication for no additional cost.

For more information, see the blog post on Information Faster.

Happy Holidays!

Shari

Advisor
george anderson_7
Message 2 of 9 (8,199 Views)

Re: Data Protector 6.21 and HP StoreOnce-powered software deduplication is here!

Can't locate a download location for 6.2X. Please advise.

Thanks,

George

Honored Contributor
Sebastian.Koehler
Message 3 of 9 (8,167 Views)

Re: Data Protector 6.21 and HP StoreOnce-powered software deduplication is here!

https://support.openview.hp.com with a valid Data Protector SAID linked to your HP Passport Account.

Regards,
Sebastian
---
Assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
Occasional Visitor
ODruck
Message 4 of 9 (8,103 Views)

Is there a new trial version download yet?

Honored Contributor
Sebastian.Koehler
Message 5 of 9 (7,806 Views)

No, since it is only a patch bundle installed on top of 6.20. Without a service contract, you're not able to obtain the bundle.

Regards,
Sebastian
---
Assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
Frequent Advisor
Craig Eddington
Message 6 of 9 (6,830 Views)

Can someone please post the release notes/bug fixes between 6.20 an 6.21.  I am still waiting on retrieval of our SAID so I can download this.

Also, any news on Data Protector 7?  I have been told it will be using an RDBMS (ie MS SQL, MySQL etc)

I am looking forward to this change.

Respected Contributor
Jenni_S
Message 7 of 9 (6,816 Views)

Here are the DP6.21 Product announcements.

No offcial word from HP on the DP7 release as yet

cheers,
jenni

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, please click on KUDOS! "White Star"
Trusted Contributor
jruffer
Message 8 of 9 (6,749 Views)

I'm already up to the required rev but I can't find anything on how to actually implement this.

Jeremy
Respected Contributor
Jenni_S
Message 9 of 9 (6,746 Views)

Here's the whitepaper, this should help

cheers,
jenni

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, please click on KUDOS! "White Star"
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.