Re: DP v7.0 - How to manually select Oracle DB Integration copy to restore (276 Views)
Advisor
irofrank
Message 1 of 4 (345 Views)
Accepted Solution

DP v7.0 - How to manually select Oracle DB Integration copy to restore

Hi,

I'm currently running backups of an oracle DB to tape. This is done on a daily basis. I'd like to restore a backup that's a few days old (not the latest backup). I don't quite see how that can be done using the DP GUI. It seems to just pick the latest backup by default.

I know how to do it with a filesystem backup (right click "source" and click "select version"). What I don't know is how to do the same with an Oracle DB backup.

Would appreciate any pointers to the same.

Thanks.

HP Expert
Bob_Clark
Message 2 of 4 (333 Views)

Re: DP v7.0 - How to manually select Oracle DB Integration copy to restore

From the Oracle Integration Guide:

Restore until

The options in this drop-down list allow you to limit the selection to those backups that are

suitable for an incomplete recovery to the specified time.

Now

Use this option to restore the most recent full backup. By default, this option is selected.

Selected time

Use this option to specify an exact time to which you wish the database to be restored.

Data Protector restores the backup that can be used in recovery to the specified time.

Advisor
irofrank
Message 3 of 4 (284 Views)

Thanks Bob, however, that doesn't seem to work... or perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

I have backups running every evening at 8pm. I picked "selected time" from the drop-down, and set the date and time to two days ago, 9pm. When I run the restore, it fails, stating that it is not able to find any valid backup to restore. I can confirm though that I have daily backups for the last 2 weeks on tape. If I select "Now" fromt he drop-down, it works perfectly, and restores the latest backup.

What might I be doing wrong?

Advisor
irofrank
Message 4 of 4 (276 Views)

Actually, never mind, my mistake. It appears the time on my Cell Manager was wrong (different timezone). Just set it to the correct timezone and now it works!

Thanks.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.