11-14-2013 12:59 PM
I have a problem with my integration between DP7.0 and Microsoft SQL 2008 R2. When I'm trying to create a new job I got this message:
Integration cannot be configured
and in the Details section
My cell manager is a RHEL 6.3 and I integrated my solution with Oracle, another windows packages and applications and I can't integrate it with my SQL database. Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot for your help.
11-14-2013 07:30 PM
According to intergration model you are using, Check the intergration parametes.
And you can use the "Check configuration" option from GUI to check the intergration.
Also check whether you have added required users in DP Admin or operator group.
11-15-2013 07:22 AM
I checked lab cases, and found only one that reported this error for SQL integrations, It was for DP 6.2, and the problem was fixed with a patch that should have carried forward to DP 7
Expanding my search, and leaving out the SQL integration part, I found nothing for DP 7, and one case for DP 8 configuring an Exchange backup that produces the same error. This is still an open issue
Frankly, I expected the 'checkconf' to fail, returning something other than RETVAL*0. This means that, as far as DP is concerned, the Integration WAS configured correctly, so this may be a bogus error, and something else is causing it
Assuming that SQL is running on Windows 2008, empty the file on the SQL server
Program Data -> Omniback -> log -> debug.log
and try creating the backup again. After the error, check the debug.log file for any entries, and send them along. If it looks like the same condition as reported in the unresolved lab case, I will ask you toopen a case with the response center
11-15-2013 08:15 AM
Well, imagine my frustration. Everything is working fine, operative systems, databases, even the oracle integration is working fine, but SQL is giving me this particular issue.
I was talking with a friend of mine and he suggested me that it can be a format issue. I mean, the SQL server is a Windows 2008 and the hard disk drive was formatted in FAT32 because an important application runs over 16bits and FAT32 is neccessary. Could be a reason for this failure?
Thanks a lot for your time.
11-15-2013 08:52 AM
I don't think that this is the cause of the problem, at least, I have found nothing that documents this
However, I think that it is time to get more resources involved, and I suggest that you open a case with the response center
Make cure that you include that the 'dbkconf' came back with RETVAL*0
11-15-2013 09:07 AM
Thanks for your answer. Actually I've already opened a case with the response center and they suggested me to update my DP version with a patch. I downloaded this patch but the first RPM failed and they are checking for an answer. I expect they can find any solution. Thanks a lot for your time and your help, I will post if I have an answer.