Re: DP Storagetek L700 (72 Views)
Super Advisor
Richard Kupca
Message 1 of 5 (73 Views)
Accepted Solution

DP Storagetek L700

Hi,
I'd like to try Storagetek with DP5.5. We have to access to robotics via the ACSLS server. Will Data Protector work with StorageTek ACSLS withouth the license for libraries with unlimited slots? I want only test the DP functionality and later to buy the license.
Honored Contributor
Scott McIntosh_2
Message 2 of 5 (72 Views)

Re: DP Storagetek L700

If you are in the 60-day instant-on window, you have all available functionality. If you are trying this out in an existing environment, then you should log a call to the password center (see webware.hp.com) and request a one-time temporary license for that product number.

Thanks,
Scott
HP Support
Super Advisor
Richard Kupca
Message 3 of 5 (73 Views)

Thanks Scott,
but if I haven't the license can I configure StorageTek (ACSLS) with Data Protector or Data Protector doesn't allow to use ACSLS feauture illegally?
Honored Contributor
Scott McIntosh_2
Message 4 of 5 (72 Views)

It won't work. When you try to use the library, it'll complain about no unlimited slot license (or you'll have problems where eventually we'll realize "oh, you don't have the license, that's why this doesn't work, but doesn't tell you what's wrong either").

Thanks,
Scott
HP Support
Super Advisor
Richard Kupca
Message 5 of 5 (72 Views)

ok
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.