Re: DP 8.12 patch bundle (283 Views)
Trusted Contributor
Ken Krubsack
Message 1 of 4 (468 Views)

DP 8.12 patch bundle

Any and all readers,

Any early thoughts on DP 8.12 bundle being good, bad, or otherwise?

Thanks

Ken

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Arnaud Delaloy
Message 2 of 4 (439 Views)

Re: DP 8.12 patch bundle

hello,

The main feature advertised for this bundle  is a massive localisation fix, for Chinese, Japanese and French versions (and according to the release notes there is some VEPA fixes too)

And it didn't break my French messages files... ( unlike 7.03, where all messages number and texts  were off by one !)

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Jenni_S
Message 3 of 4 (283 Views)

[ Edited ]

Well I don't know about anyone else but after installing this bundle I trashed a prodution VM when restoring using the "Restore As/Into..." - it completely ignored this option (which when set should also automatically set the existing virtual machine handling parameter to skip restore) and proceeded to overwrite the production VM.

So far I've reproduced this in a vSphere 5.0 environment - CM windows 2008 R2 & BH Windows 2008 R2 - and I've discovered that if I use the same container name with a - or _ at the end followed by restored or similar (e.g. VM container = TESTVM and restore as/into is set to TESTVM-RESTORED or TESTVM_RESTORED) then the "restore into" option is completely ignored and the "existing virtual machine handling" setting is used - which at present is default "delete after restore"

Workaround is to never use - or _ e.g. VM container = TESTVM and restore as/into is set to TESTVMRESTORED or RESTORETESTVM or similar

Anybody else seen this??????

cheers,
jenni

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, please click on KUDOS! "White Star"
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
fishfinder
Message 4 of 4 (156 Views)

Any update to this?  I hadn't seen it but also hadn't been using either '-' or '_' in naming

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation