Re: DP 6.20 & Exchange 2010 DAG are backups using dedicated backup vlan allowed ????? (527 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (568 Views)

DP 6.20 & Exchange 2010 DAG are backups using dedicated backup vlan allowed ?????

[ Edited ]

Hello mates!

There is a problem around a new Exchange DAG system than needs to be backed up. The Nodes of the DAG have a dedicated Backup NIC and there are plans to implement a dedicated  backup network ( LAN backup ). DP 6.20 is the version of DP selected.

There are some information around ( from other clients ) saying that is not possible to back up Exchange 2010 DAG systems with dedicated Backup Vlans, the only way to implement LAN backups is using the Virtual IP of the DAG ( backups will run using production vlan !).

I have not found any HP document saying that it is possible (or not) to use dedicated backup Vlans with DAG systems,

Have any of you guys came across this challenge in the past ????

Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (537 Views)

Re: DP 6.20 & Exchange 2010 DAG are backups using dedicated backup vlan allowed ?????

Hi

I don't know any limitation about that I guess that if network names resolution work sfine it must works fine. 

Honored Contributor
Message 3 of 3 (527 Views)

Re: DP 6.20 & Exchange 2010 DAG are backups using dedicated backup vlan allowed ?????

A 10GbE NIC for production and backup would be more easy to implement in any case. As you might know, Data Protector requires you to assign a virtual IP and name to each physical node to leverage the backup network. Not sure, if you could add an additional virtual IP/name to the DAG itself. You might need to figure that out. Make sure DNS works in both directions from physical nodes and backup host.

Regards,
Sebastian
---
Assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.