DATAPROTECTOR CHANGE DOMAIN (818 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Jorge J Gonzalez Perez
Message 1 of 4 (818 Views)

DATAPROTECTOR CHANGE DOMAIN

Hello friends.

I have a big problem. I have no idea how to proceed to migrate the Dataprotector server to a new domaindomain.

I'm migrating the company from "xxx.net" to "yyy.com" with Microsoft ADMT, and I do not know how that can affect to DataProtector.

Could you tell me any procedure "?. You can tell me how it can affect that to my agents or backups made​​??.

Thanks.
Honored Contributor
Eblyn Solis
Message 2 of 4 (818 Views)

Re: DATAPROTECTOR CHANGE DOMAIN

Hola Jorge,

You need to changed the cell manager name:
run this on cell manager:
omnidbutil -change_cell_name

Also you need to change the cell manager name in all clients:
Windows:
go to regedit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\OmniBackII\Site\CellServer
edit the name or delete the name and do upgrade in any Cell manager GUI.

Unix,
Edit or rename the cell_server file (/etc/opt/omni/cell) , or delete and do upgrade from GUI

En español:

con el comando arriba cambias el nombre del cell manager , tienes que poner todo el nuevo nombre completo y listo,
luego tienes que ir por cada cliente ya sea unix o windows y cambiar el nuevo nombre del cell manager es facil solo que tienes que ir uno a uno,

buena suerte.
Occasional Advisor
Jorge J Gonzalez Perez
Message 3 of 4 (818 Views)

Very thanks for response, and sorry for the time in response. I would like to know, if the backups will be valids even if i had changed the domain.

Thank you.
Occasional Advisor
Jorge J Gonzalez Perez
Message 4 of 4 (818 Views)

Hi, another question, its necesary reboot the client, or only reset the dataprotector service¿?..

In linux, only change etc/hosts??

Thank you
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.