07-18-2000 12:13 PM
07-18-2000 12:38 PM
1. Before you install, go out at also download the current patches.
2. You may find performance to be somewhat slower (getting the patches should help.)
3. If you were doing a HOT (integration) backup of Oracle, you should PLAN on re-doing your integration with Oracle - it will be different.
4. Upgrade of the Omniback database from the 2.55 format to the 3.1 format may fail - there is a work around if it does.
5. The manuals have detailed insturctions for upgrade.
Thanks for using Omniback.
07-18-2000 01:02 PM
Also, much of the Oracle integration was broken. I did not work on that part so I can not tell you details. Our backup jobs simply failed. I was told some 2.55 functionality was taken out in 3.1. Our Oracle guys worked with HP for a couple of weeks to resolve it and finally ended up scripting around the missing functionality.
In all fairness, maybe it was something my predecesor had done in the 2.55 setup that got blown away in the 3.1 upgrade. I can just tell you it was not smooth.
07-18-2000 03:01 PM
Be sure to look at the support matrices; you may find support has been eliminated for older devices or older software versions.
See the 'system requirements"