07-22-2012 11:28 PM
As i need commands for Dp operations , like scheduling and status of backup,stoping the backup,monitoring the current session(Regular usage commands) check configaration of orcale intigration (it is properly configured or not)
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-22-2012 11:46 PM
Please refer to the following documentaction. Those files are also included in the Docs folder of the media kit.
Command Line Interface Reference
Assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
07-22-2012 11:56 PM - edited 07-22-2012 11:57 PM
Thanks for your replay.
I have that document. In that lot of commands are there. but i need regularly most using commands for day to day operations.
if u have please share to me.
07-30-2012 07:25 AM
Hi , Here are few most commonly used DP operation commands for daily monitoring and management.
Let me know if you need more ,
To abort the running sessions:
./omniabort –session <SID>
To confirm the mount request:
./omnimnt –device<drive name> -session <SID>
To check the status of the running sessions
./omnistat ( lists all running sessions)
./omnistat –detail (lists all properties of the running sessions)
./omnistat –monitor ( lists all sessions running)
./omnistat –session<SID> -detail ( gives detail summary of running sessions)
./omnistat –mount ( lists only mount requests sessions)
Omnimm command functions:
To check till how long is the media protected
./omnimm –check_protection <media name>
To recycle the medias
./omnimm –recycle <media name>
To move medias from one pool to another
./omnimm –move_medium <media name> <pool name>
To reset the poor medium
./omnimm –reset_poor_medium <media name>
Eg: ./omnimm –reset_poor_medium CA0015L2
List of scratch medias
./omnimm –list_scratch_media <Pool name>
./omnimm –enter “Library name” slot no
./omnimm –eject “library name” slot no
Setting up a new backup
The command line method of setting a new backup form scratch is:
- omnidownload/omniupload - can be used to create a new device if required. A database entry is downloaded to an ASCII file, edited and uploaded.
- omnimm -create_pool name "class" strict 12 100 - will create a new tape pool called name of type class with a strict allocation policy with the media to be kept for 12 months or 100 overwrites
- omniminit -init device label -force -pool poolname - will initialise media in drive device with a label or label in pool poolname
- A datalist /etc/opt/omni/datalist will need creating, e.g. copy and edit an existing datalist file.
- omnicreatedl -datalist NAME -host hostname -device device_name - will create a datalist entry
- omnist/omniver - can be used to check the media. The first checks displays the contents, the later verifies the data in the medium
- omnimcopy - can be used to copy media