Re: Cannot load ACL libraries: vbda vs. Debian multiarch (190 Views)
Honored Contributor
André Beck
Message 1 of 4 (222 Views)

Cannot load ACL libraries: vbda vs. Debian multiarch

Hi,

on a number of Linux clients, backups produce a warning lately:

Cannot load ACL libraries => ACLs (if present) will not be backed up.

If I'm not entirely mistaken, this is due to vbda trying to dlopen /lib64/libacl.so.1 (or so I concluded from strings(1)+grep(1)) which doesn't exist on current Debian systems. Debian is pushing proper multiarch instead of the old RedHat hack of using /lib+/lib64, so the library is in /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libacl.so.1 and the loader knows how to find it. Sadly, vbda doesn't.

Is this going to be fixed (or maybe has already been fixed) in patches? I've read up on Disk Agent GA patches, but didn't see something that looked like this issue being mentioned. It's finally recognizing Linux 3.x as a proper kernel, though ;)

TIA,

Andre.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Bob_Clark
Message 2 of 4 (209 Views)

Re: Cannot load ACL libraries: vbda vs. Debian multiarch

I did a search for "Cannot load ACL libraries" in both lab cases and in the Knowledgebase, and found nothing, so, this is not on anyone's radar as a problem

There are two ways to approach this to get it fixed

- You can open a case with the response center, they will probably have you run debugs, get it sent to Engineering, and they will tell us is there is any other known solution besides the work-around that you discovered

- You can submit an enhancement request at

https://support.openview.hp.com/enhancement/do/main

and supply as much information as you think is necessary. This wil go right to R&D, who will review it, and decide if the Enhancement is going to be considered for a future patch or release

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
André Beck
Message 3 of 4 (200 Views)

Hi Bob,

thanks a lot for researching this. I'll test the workaround (compatibility symlink) first, then I'll decide with the customer on how to proceed. It will probably hit my own installations rather sooner than later and together with other compatibility issues on Debian (like the bashisms in certain scripts including lbin/.util or the insistence on RPM) I really would like to see some concerted attack. You shouldnt be forced to taint your Debian systems with a pile of workarounds, specifically not those as invasive as installing a shadow packaging system in orthogonal blind flight to the native one...

Thanks,

Andre.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gcadrin
Message 4 of 4 (190 Views)

For DP 8.0, a Enhancement request already exist for Debian 7

QCCR2A45903

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation