Can't view oracle backup properties (358 Views)
Advisor
Dmitriy V. Poluektov
Message 1 of 6 (358 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can't view oracle backup properties

Hi!

I've this trouble for a long time. After i've configured oracle integration backup i can't viewing/modify it. But backup schedule is working correctly.

When i trying to view/modify it i everytime getting error "[12:1005] Object not found or access denied"

same problem on other version DP.

Cell manager placed on HPUX 11.31 ia64

PS.

Same problem related link: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Data-Protector-Support-and-News/Object-not-found-or-Access-denied-HP-DP...

Honored Contributor
Sebastian.Koehler
Message 2 of 6 (354 Views)

Re: Can't view oracle backup properties

[ Edited ]

This could be related to:
- name resolution / name of client in cell and/or client
- check DNS name resolution / host files, if used
- hostnames used in configuration files / stored on CS

Please review debug.log of the client systems involved (including where the GUI runs).

If you're unable to find the root cause, try to create a new backup job for that client and see if it works.

Have you tried to start the GUI on a different client? Maybe the directly on the cell server?

Regards,
Sebastian

---
Assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
Advisor
Dmitriy V. Poluektov
Message 3 of 6 (348 Views)

I was able to view/modify  backup properties when i was running GUI from DP native host (in java GUI). But i can't do it from another hosts.

I'm not sure this happend due to access violation coz i have string in UserList:

"" "*" "*" * "admin"

all clients and server have valid DNS answers.

Honored Contributor
Sebastian.Koehler
Message 4 of 6 (342 Views)

This is how I would open a cell for initial setup or troubleshooting. Looks good to me, but you could try to remove it for testing.

You could try the JavaGUI from a remote client. If this is also working, the Windows GUI might have an defect. Does the Windows GUI match the running Data Protector patch level installed on CS?

Regards,
Sebastian
---
Advisor
Dmitriy V. Poluektov
Message 5 of 6 (340 Views)

i didn't have any patches installed on CS. Where i can download it? ..coz i tried to find out but without result.

Thank you, Sebastian!

Honored Contributor
Sebastian.Koehler
Message 6 of 6 (335 Views)

Check patches of the GUI using Help -> About. To see whats on the CS and clients omnicheck -patches- host <FQDN>. You can download patches from SSO portal (http://support.openview.hp.com). This requires an active SAID (service agreement) linked to your account.

Regards,

Sebastian

---
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.