Re: Can not integrate data protector 6.20 with sql server's 2005 backup hostname (538 Views)
Visitor
Mukesh_Handa
Message 1 of 2 (555 Views)

Can not integrate data protector 6.20 with sql server's 2005 backup hostname

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys Need your help am struggling here to find out the sollution.

Environment:- DP 6.20 Cell Manger= HP-UX 

Client = MS Sql sever 2005 Window 2008

I can integrate the MS SQL SERVER  in data protector with my production name ( sgsindproggeras) 

Problem :- when i integrate with the backup hostname i.e bcksgsindproggeras. I am not able to integrate. 

Debug Log

SQLSTATE:[08001] CODE:(17) MESSAGE:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Guys Please........

Thanks

Mukesh

Honored Contributor
Sebastian.Koehler
Message 2 of 2 (538 Views)

Re: Can not integrate data protector 6.20 with sql server's 2005 backup hostname

If bcksgsindproggeras is the NETBIOS hostname, it is invalid because of lenght. Always use FQDNs and proper formed NETBIOS names.

1. Make sure client is added using FQDN which is known on client and cell server / nslookup/ping
2. Add the user running SQL server or just an <ANY>, <ANY>, FQDN record to the admin group in Data Protector user management
3. Check and/or disable client firewall

Try again and report back.

Regards,
Sebastian
---
Assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.