02-07-2013 05:53 AM - edited 02-07-2013 06:23 AM
we've got an issue apparently with Linux x86_64 DP client. The backup of a 100GB volume takes a tremendous amount of time (about 10h), even browsing clients in the Clients view when Linux x86_64 machines are present is slow, also is browsing file system of those clients; such phenomenons we have not experienced before with a relatively heterogeneous environment (HP-UX 11.x ia64 & RISK and differrent version of Linux i386).
Cell Manager :
- runs on HP-UX 11.31 ia64 clustered with ServiceGuard
- DP is a SG package.
- Extract from swlist :
T1905CA A.11.20.00.01 Serviceguard
B6960MA A.06.11 HP Data Protector
PHSS_42699 1.0 OV DP6.11 HP-UX IA64 - Core patch
PHSS_42705 1.0 OV DP6.11 HP-UX IA64 - Disk Agent patch
PHSS_42707 1.0 OV DP6.11 HP-UX IA64 - Media Agent patch
- Telnet on port 5555 towards any client OK.
Problematical client :
- runs on CentOS 6.2 x86_64
- Kernel version: 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64
- Extract from rpm -qa :
- rsh/rlogin/rexec configured/started in xinetd & /etc/securetty. Functional.
- SELinux disabled.
- IPTables stopped.
- File Systems: ext4 & gfs2 (w/ lock_dlm protocol). Problem occurs with ext4 FS only or mixed FS.
System Administrators' Team.
02-08-2013 09:11 AM
CentOS 6.2 is not supported by DP 6.11
You must upgrade to DP 6.21 or DP 7.0x