HP E5500G Switch Series (110 Views)
Occasional Collector
RedBarchetta
Message 1 of 1 (110 Views)

HP E5500G Switch Series

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been discussed. I am not familar much with the 3COM/HP suite of switches and have a new requirement and hence the post....

The site in question has a mixture of 3COM and Cisco switches and all devices are configured in the same VLAN - not a good design practice I know, but the site as grown with little considersation.

I have a requirement to be able to collect data which is seen across all ports of the 3COM which is then uplinked to a Cisco switch via the fibre connection to where the collector resides. Had all the switches been Cisco, I would have implemented RSPAN but on the 3COM the setting is PORT MIRRORING.

Would someone be able to provide how I would go about setting the 3COM to send such traffic via the uplink port (Gi1/0/52)?

If a sechmatic helps please let know and I will knock one up.

Thanks,

Red.

P.S. This thread has been moved from ProCurve / ProVision-Based to Comware-Based. -HP Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation