Re: why do I get directed to the new home page and not my target when I click on a URL from google. (136 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Stephen Bundy
Message 1 of 3 (162 Views)

why do I get directed to the new home page and not my target when I click on a URL from google. ?

Whay does my browsser take me straight to the URL I am interested in

Regular Advisor
Stephan_
Message 2 of 3 (151 Views)

Re: why do I get directed to the new home page and not my target when I click on a URL from google.

Because the Google cache is not up to date and still shows results from the old forum.

Some more information can be found here: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Announcements/ITRC-redirect-announcement/td-p/4805811

hth

Stephan

How to assign points on this new forums --> Kudos - what, where, how, and why!
How to find the right forum --> New forum location by ITRC tree

"we wouldn't call it code, if we could read it ..."
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 3 of 3 (136 Views)

Re: why do I get directed to the new home page and not my target when I click on a URL from google.

As Stephan has mentioned, we've got a post regarding the old ITRC forum links with regards to Google search results.

We're working on updating our redirects to bring users to that page - I'm hoping that gets done today or tonight.

I work for HP.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.