Re: New Forums (190 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Paul Howlett_2
Message 1 of 3 (214 Views)

New Forums

Hi, just thought I'd post about my dissapointment that the 'new' forum has brought. While I know, in general people don't like change-this seems to have been unnecessary.

I can no longer find posts that appear in a Google search (yes I know it has been mentioned before) and when searching the forum directly no topics appear!

Awful, change for change sake?

Outstanding Contributor
Pete Randall
Message 2 of 3 (212 Views)

Re: New Forums

> Awful, change for change sake?

Apparently so.  The question "why" has been asked repeatedly and I have yet to see any answer other than people were asking for improvements that couldn't be accomplished under the old format.  I do have to admit that I like having the ability to modify my posts, for example.  I know that was one of the often requested improvements under the old Forums and maybe it simply couldn't be accomplished given the structure they had to work with.

The other "improvements" like "smileys", avatars, kudos, etc., etc. have been pretty roundly booed I would say.

Pete
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 3 of 3 (190 Views)

Re: New Forums

>change for change sake?

More likely consolidation to the Lithium software used in N other forums by HP.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.