Invalid HTML Removed (247 Views)
Occasional Advisor
bnjroo
Message 1 of 5 (247 Views)
Accepted Solution

Invalid HTML Removed

Whenever I make a post, I get a message saying "Invalid HTML Removed" or something to that effect, even though I am posting a plain-text message.

→There's no such thing as a fool-proof system. Someone will make a better fool, tomorrow.
Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 2 of 5 (231 Views)

Re: Invalid HTML Removed

[ Edited ]

I too get that message every so often.  I'm never sure what it doesn't like, after removal it seems the same.

I don't have the "Ignore HTML" box checked.  And not "Use the Rich Text Editor tab by default" but it seems it does it anyway?

But I do use ">" for a quoting char.  ;-)

So basically ignore that bogus message.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
bnjroo
Message 3 of 5 (219 Views)

[ Edited ]

Dennis,

It seems to be fairly random, as well, but I don't post that often on this board. The consumer board is different, apparently, because I have been on that one more for my old nc6000, DV6, and 4530s [in that order], but never really noticed any of the bug we're talking about.

I started asking questions about my new 4540s and they kicked me over here, heh! Is this a new board, or have I just been on the wrong board all this time?

Thanks!

-Ben

PS. I went back to edit this post and when I hit "Post" I got the funky error message. How random is that? [screenshot attached]

→There's no such thing as a fool-proof system. Someone will make a better fool, tomorrow.
Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 4 of 5 (207 Views)

>The consumer board is different, apparently

I would have thought it is the same Lithium.

>Is this a new board, or have I just been on the wrong board all this time?

This forum has the combination of the old ITRC, BSC and Software forums.  And goes back to 1999.

> I went back to edit this post and when I hit "Post" I got the funky error message.

Hmm, nothing fancy, just text.  What browser version are you using, chrome?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
bnjroo
Message 5 of 5 (204 Views)

just using latest chrome, that's all. nothing fancy, as far as i can tell.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation