Re: I don't like this new portal. (814 Views)
Occasional Advisor
James Sun
Message 1 of 17 (858 Views)

I don't like this new portal.

I don't like it.

Esteemed Contributor
Greybeard
Message 2 of 17 (856 Views)

Re: I don't like this new portal.

That'll be because it's a load of unpleasent smelly stuff!

Message 3 of 17 (845 Views)

I totally agree with you!

Visitor
garyfi
Message 4 of 17 (834 Views)

Take a great product and turn it into something really bad!

Please can we have the old ITRC back?

Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 5 of 17 (826 Views)

Are you referring to the new HP Support Center (www.hp.com/go/hpsc), which has replaced the ITRC portal?

Or the new community platform (where we're having this discussion), which has replaced the ITRC forums?

I'm happy to listen to constructive feedback/criticism - and I'll pass it along to the appropriate resources when there's something actionable we can take away from the input.  But "I don't like it" isn't going to help anyone to do anything about your concerns.

I work for HP.
Visitor
garyfi
Message 6 of 17 (823 Views)

The Community Platform.

I'm finding it difficult to find anything, in particular the 'Best Match'.  If you take text string "Inquiry IOCTL failed (claimed device)" taken from a Data Protector debug.log, we seem to have a relevant doc at the top of the search on Google (old ITRC forums), but not in the Community..Any ideas why?

Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 7 of 17 (814 Views)

Gary - thanks for the specific feedback.

Keep in mind that as far as 3rd party search engines, such as Google - we just migrated about 2.5 million messages into this community.  It's going to take those search engines some time to index this site, and pickup on the fact that the old ITRC forums are no longer available - until that happens, Google and other search sites are likely to try to send you back into the old site.

In the meantime, you can either use the search feature here, or add a "+site h30499.www3.hp.com" to your Google searches (once Google has indexed all of the imported content here).

I work for HP.
Regular Advisor
Mike Miller_8
Message 8 of 17 (814 Views)

I agree.  This new version of the ITRC is not functional.

I'm trying to attach my current support contracts and it says that they are already assigned to another user.

I can't sign in using my old ID.

This whole interface is very un-user friendly.

Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 9 of 17 (810 Views)

Mike - the best way for us to help you with any of those types of issues regarding the new HP Support Center (support contracts, login problems, etc.) is to submit a ticket via this page - http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/help/contactHP/questions

I work for HP.
Visitor
garyfi
Message 10 of 17 (801 Views)

Thanks Kevin_Paul!

The Google bit was really just an example of what it could find for the old ITRC Forums.  Since I cannot access the old ITRC Forums it's difficult for me to compare as to what this would have found, when doing a search.

My issue here is that when I do a search using best match in the Community, I'm not seeing the docs that seem most relevant.  From memory, the old ITRC forums seem to do this much better.

For now I'm using cached pages in Google as I cannot get to grips with this new Community.

Trusted Contributor
Jorge Pons
Message 11 of 17 (744 Views)

Hi

I´m sorry but I also think that  this new version of the ITRC is not functional.

Regards

Occasional Visitor
jaredh
Message 12 of 17 (735 Views)

Non-Functional.

No google link-ins work, making this a major failed transistion.

Frequent Advisor
Fidel Ramirez_1
Message 13 of 17 (729 Views)

This new site seems to be not practical or functional.

It doesn’t give good, meaningful answers.

Please set the old ITRC. It works a lot better than this crap.

Occasional Contributor
Restricted SAM
Message 14 of 17 (725 Views)

The old ITRC forums was one of the main reasons I believed in HP servers.  I just tried to search for a SIM issue and came up with no hits here, even though Google found a hit that pointed to the old forum, which redirected me here and came up empty (had to open cached version).  I'm hoping there are some bugs that need worked out, but I have to say I'm very sad to see such a great resource go away.

Occasional Visitor
SorryContractor
Message 15 of 17 (722 Views)

I am a new HP-UX instructor. However, I am not new to the world of HP having experience with it since 1993. I am responsible for rewriting the course material for a 2 week HP class. The problem I am having is that the documentation referenced in many of the documents I have tell me to click on say http://docs.hp.com/en/B2355-90681/sam.1M.html . When I do click on this, what I get is the new HP Technical Documentation site general categories like Hardware, Software Products& Solutions, Diagnostics, Internet & Networking, etc. This is of no help to me. Normally, when displayed on my monitor, the font is so small that I have to copy the page and put it in a word document and then enlarge the font in order to read it. When I input the specific name of a publication, the search usually comes up with things that are either somewhat related or not related at all. One example of this is "Tunable Kernel Parameters document, available on http://docs.hp.com." Finding these documents would assist me greatly in completing this major task at hand. Even when I do a general search using a search engine I cannot find the document I need. I have even searched what has replaced docs.hp.com and not had success finding the above document and others. In my humble, professional opinion, HP took a step backwards towards fulfulling its customer service obligation when it comes to technical documentation

Regular Advisor
Stephan_
Message 16 of 17 (718 Views)

[ Edited ]

SorryContractor wrote:

I am a new HP-UX instructor. However, I am not new to the world of HP having experience with it since 1993. I am responsible for rewriting the course material for a 2 week HP class. The problem I am having is that the documentation referenced in many of the documents I have tell me to click on say http://docs.hp.com/en/B2355-90681/sam.1M.html . When I do click on this, what I get is the new HP Technical Documentation site general categories like Hardware, Software Products& Solutions, Diagnostics, Internet & Networking, etc. This is of no help to me. Normally, when displayed on my monitor, the font is so small that I have to copy the page and put it in a word document and then enlarge the font in order to read it. When I input the specific name of a publication, the search usually comes up with things that are either somewhat related or not related at all. One example of this is "Tunable Kernel Parameters document, available on http://docs.hp.com." Finding these documents would assist me greatly in completing this major task at hand. Even when I do a general search using a search engine I cannot find the document I need. I have even searched what has replaced docs.hp.com and not had success finding the above document and others. In my humble, professional opinion, HP took a step backwards towards fulfulling its customer service obligation when it comes to technical documentation

Hi SorryContractor,

for the documents you mentioned check http://hpux.de - HowTo Section contains a copy of the KCParms as well as the Tuning Guide.

*edit*

sam.1M.html is not longer available - you can start here for Man pages: http://www.hp.com/go/hpux-clickable-manpages

hth

Stephan

How to assign points on this new forums --> Kudos - what, where, how, and why!
How to find the right forum --> New forum location by ITRC tree

"we wouldn't call it code, if we could read it ..."
Esteemed Contributor
Greybeard
Message 17 of 17 (674 Views)

kevin_paul said

Are you referring to the new HP Support Center (www.hp.com/go/hpsc), which has replaced the ITRC portal?

Or the new community platform (where we're having this discussion), which has replaced the ITRC forums?

Obviously the forum, a TECHNICAL forum is for technically experienced people to share issues and solutions which the OEM documentation has failed to address in a collated document or has yet to action / admit to.  We NEED to be able to easily locate and track issues which is why the loss of clear and concise categories for threads is so appalling. there's a specific for you to action.

Not that many of us will be hear to see it if you take too long to sort this mess out.