HP Access Point 420 - Web Interface Issue. (44 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Steven F. Tupper
Message 1 of 3 (44 Views)

HP Access Point 420 - Web Interface Issue.

Hello,

I am having a problem managing the wireless interface via browser. When I try to manage the Wireless Interfaces (via the tab) I see multiple nested instances of the settings, so I cannot tell which one I should use to set the interfaces. (Same multiple nested options under Security Suite Tab but with different IE6 Error.)

Via IE6, I get the an error saying:
Line: 11
Char: 24
Error: Syntax error
Code: 0
URL: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/wireless.htm

Running:
Firmware: V2.1.5 (Tried 2.1.4 same issue)
Boot ROM: V3.0.6
Hardware: R02

Tried other browsers and JRE etc. Out of ideas, and don't really want to use CLI.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Steven Tupper
Honored Contributor
Mohieddin Kharnoub
Message 2 of 3 (44 Views)

Re: HP Access Point 420 - Web Interface Issue.

Hi

Are you directly connected to the Access point, or there is any firewall in between ?

Did you try to install the Java run time environment, download it here www.java.com at least to be sure that its not a Java issue.

and try to use firefox of Netscape.

Good Luck !!!
Science for Everyone
Occasional Visitor
Steven F. Tupper
Message 3 of 3 (44 Views)

Re: HP Access Point 420 - Web Interface Issue.

>>Are you directly connected to the Access point, or there is any firewall in between ?

No firewall and I am direct via a switch.

>>Did you try to install the Java run time environment, download it here www.java.com at least to be sure that its not a Java issue.

>>Yes, using the latest JAVA and I have tried firefox but will give netscape a whirl and let you know. I have tried Opera, no go.

>>and try to use firefox of Netscape.

>>Good Luck !!!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.