02-09-2010 05:15 AM
I completed all the preparations that were list except for the BIOS update as one did not appear to be available.
When I started the install, I clicked Run setup.exe, Selected English .. Then
1) INSTALL NOW
It said it was copying temporary files .. then setup is starting
2) Asked whether to go online for updates .. I selected to go online
It searched for updates and restarted ..
3) I Accepted the License Terms
4) I then selected to UPGRADE .. not custom .. based on tutorial I watched online.
5) It showed me a blank compatibility report .. I closed the window.
6) This is where the problem is .. It then goes back to Step 1 above, and continues to loop through this process.
NOTE: My package did not come with an HP Upgrade Assistant CD .. I am not sure if this is necessary.
02-10-2010 07:47 AM
When I try this on my system I get the following.
My system is running Vista business and is connected to the internet by a wired connection.
1. I start Vista and insert Win7 disk and run setup.exe
2. I select English, Install now and it starts copying temporary files.
3. I go online to check for updates. It looks like it downloads one update and then it continues, does not restart.
4. Accept license terms
5. Select Upgrade.
6. Runs compatibility reports and flags HP Touchsmart suggesting to uninstall.
7. I click the Next button.
8. It begins upgrading Windows by copying files.
It sounds like you are not seeing this?
02-10-2010 08:46 AM
Let me add something that just hit me ..
This is not the computer I had when I ordered the upgrade disk. Between the time I ordered and the disk came, the hard drive crashed on the previous computer and the whole computer was replaced by HP.
For some reason a unit number like I500 rings a bell with me .. might I have had a different model before that was replaced with this model, and hence, requiers a different upgrade disk ?
02-11-2010 01:21 PM
I don't know if that might be the problem that you have the wrong disk or not. I wouldn't have thought so but you never know. Can you give me the part number of the disk and/or kit you have and I'll see what I can find out. Also you said the compatibility report came out clean where as mine says there will be a problem with the HP TouchSmart application. Did you remove this application? Also I'm assuming you are upgrading from Vista Business edition to Windows 7. Is this also true? Thanks.
02-15-2010 03:46 PM
The disk I received for the upgrade is labeled as follows:
Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Media
64-bit software only
Part No. 586195-001