mismatch paper (39 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Julie Abramo
Message 1 of 3 (39 Views)

mismatch paper

Why do I keep getting the "paper mismatch" error message whenever I try to print? The message says my paper size (which is standard 8.5" x 11") is incorrect. It happens every time, no matter what I'm trying to print. Very frustrating. I've gone through every step in the tutorial to try and fix the problem, but nothing has worked yet.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
David Zuts
Message 2 of 3 (39 Views)

Re: mismatch paper

Julie we would all like to help you but you really need to provide us with more information. First off what is the model of your printer. Second if the printer allows to print a configuration page, print it to see what the printer thinks is in the printer. Most errors like yours are caused by printer thinking different size of type in tray or driver settings being incorrect.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Julie Abramo
Message 3 of 3 (39 Views)

Re: mismatch paper

Oops...my printer is a Photosmart HP C5500. I have gone tried to print documents, but it only will state "paper mismatch". When I go to copy a page, it only copies 1/4 of the paper. So, I do think that the paper size is being misread somehow. I have gone to my settings and applied the right paper type...still no luck.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation