Re: PCL X Error on HP 3505n (571 Views)
Occasional Contributor
ChrisCEC
Message 1 of 3 (571 Views)

PCL X Error on HP 3505n

I just got word from our marketing lady that she is having issues printing some pdfs and this is the error she gets:

PCL XL error

Subsystem: GE_VECTOR
Error: MemA l locError
Operator: ReadImage
Position: 5035

I've installed the PCL5 driver and she told me it was printing out hearts/smiley faces. So I looked at the PCL6 driver and it shows that it is the latest according to HP's website.

From what I've Googled some people are saying it is a driver issue, some say it is because of fonts, etc.

Anyone had this same error?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
David Zuts
Message 2 of 3 (571 Views)

Re: PCL X Error on HP 3505n

PC XL errors only occur with pcl6. The pcl5 driver should work unless you are using the wrong driver. You could try the postscript driver as another option.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Chris H
Message 3 of 3 (571 Views)

Re: PCL X Error on HP 3505n

As David points out, PCL XL errors only occur when using the PCL6 driver.

With such errors, a general 'first step' in establishing a cause is to check:

- if the exact same error occurs when the same document is reprinted using the same driver, this indicates a possible driver or application error.

- if the errors occur intermittently and/or are not the same each time, this indicates possible corruption of the print stream by hardware faults (e.g. bad cable, connector, switch, NIC, etc.).

The fact that using the PCL5 driver also exhibits signs of corruption ("... printing out hearts/smiley faces ...") perhaps indicates that there is a hardware problem, rather than a driver fault.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation