Laserjet 2600n color streaks on all pages (186 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Taylor Weatherford
Message 1 of 3 (186 Views)

Laserjet 2600n color streaks on all pages

I have a Laserjet 2600n that is giving two vertical streaks of faded color on every page, whether it is B/W, color, or just a blank page run through. I can see this problematic ink on the black roller looking thing when I open the front door. I've had a similar problem with every HP I've dealt with, but haven't been able to find a solution here. I could just wipe off this ink, and see if it doesn't return, but is there anything special I need to avoid damaging anything?
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Michael54
Message 2 of 3 (186 Views)

Re: Laserjet 2600n color streaks on all pages

Is it color specific? If so check the corresponding cartridge and see if you see the "streak" on the drum. If so replace the cartridge. If the streaks are not color specific it may be your belt. (Thats the "black roller looking thing" in the front door).
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
David Zuts
Message 3 of 3 (186 Views)

Re: Laserjet 2600n color streaks on all pages

If the color streaks are on the printed side of the paper, then the belt has nothing to do with the issue since it only contacts the back of the paper. It is probably one of the toner cartridges having the issue since after or before the print job it is also leaving those same streaks on the belt before or after the paper has gone thru.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation