LJ 4600 cleaning page (525 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Wilson Au
Message 1 of 4 (525 Views)

LJ 4600 cleaning page

Hi,

I may have missed it, but is there a "Print Cleaning Page/ Process Cleaning Page" menu option for the LJ 4600? If not, how can I achieve the same results? Or does this color printer need it? I'm having what looks like vertical streaks on all printouts related to the Cyan cartridge. I just wanted to try "Print Cleaning Page/ Process Cleaning Page" before I replace the expensive Cyan cartridge. This is usually my standard print quality troubleshooting method w/ the HP b&w laserjets. The color 4600 is new for me.

Thanks in advance.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kimberly Ann
Message 2 of 4 (525 Views)

Re: LJ 4600 cleaning page

Hi Wilson,

Here is a document which outlines how to clean the LaserJet 4600:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpl11699&locale=en_US&taskId=...

Also, here's a document you might find helpful:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpl11665&locale=en_US&taskId=...

I hope this is what you're looking for!

Kathy
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Wilson Au
Message 3 of 4 (525 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your time and the prompt response.

I already saw those docs, they were the only ones beside the user manual that I could find regarding anything on cleaning the 4600. Would've been nice if the 4600 had a "Print Cleaning Page/ Process Cleaning Page" menu option like the b&w laserjets do, unless the 4600 doesn't need it.

I'm going ahead and replacing the cartridge anyway. Just wanted to try a cheap solution first.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Jeff Leshin
Message 4 of 4 (525 Views)

I just encountered the same problem today. I had magenta streaks along the sides of every printed page.
I opened the front of the printer and noticed that there was a big build-up of toner along the outer edges of the ETB. I cleaned off what I could with a dampened cloth.
Based on what I just read in the pages referred to in the earlier post I believe that the ETB is being cleaned out to the edges where the toner is able to accumulate.
Two problems:
1- It says on one the cleaning web page to use a dampened cloth on the ETB - but in another place on the same page it says not to use a dampened cloth on the ETB.
2- You can only get at the part of the ETB that is exposed at the time you're cleaning.

But, so far so good ....
Regards, ==Jeff
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation