LJ 4600 cleaning page (692 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Wilson Au
Message 1 of 4 (692 Views)

LJ 4600 cleaning page

Hi,

I may have missed it, but is there a "Print Cleaning Page/ Process Cleaning Page" menu option for the LJ 4600? If not, how can I achieve the same results? Or does this color printer need it? I'm having what looks like vertical streaks on all printouts related to the Cyan cartridge. I just wanted to try "Print Cleaning Page/ Process Cleaning Page" before I replace the expensive Cyan cartridge. This is usually my standard print quality troubleshooting method w/ the HP b&w laserjets. The color 4600 is new for me.

Thanks in advance.
Honored Contributor
Kimberly Ann
Message 2 of 4 (692 Views)

Re: LJ 4600 cleaning page

Hi Wilson,

Here is a document which outlines how to clean the LaserJet 4600:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpl11699&locale=en_US&taskId=...

Also, here's a document you might find helpful:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpl11665&locale=en_US&taskId=...

I hope this is what you're looking for!

Kathy
Occasional Visitor
Wilson Au
Message 3 of 4 (692 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your time and the prompt response.

I already saw those docs, they were the only ones beside the user manual that I could find regarding anything on cleaning the 4600. Would've been nice if the 4600 had a "Print Cleaning Page/ Process Cleaning Page" menu option like the b&w laserjets do, unless the 4600 doesn't need it.

I'm going ahead and replacing the cartridge anyway. Just wanted to try a cheap solution first.
Occasional Contributor
Jeff Leshin
Message 4 of 4 (692 Views)

I just encountered the same problem today. I had magenta streaks along the sides of every printed page.
I opened the front of the printer and noticed that there was a big build-up of toner along the outer edges of the ETB. I cleaned off what I could with a dampened cloth.
Based on what I just read in the pages referred to in the earlier post I believe that the ETB is being cleaned out to the edges where the toner is able to accumulate.
Two problems:
1- It says on one the cleaning web page to use a dampened cloth on the ETB - but in another place on the same page it says not to use a dampened cloth on the ETB.
2- You can only get at the part of the ETB that is exposed at the time you're cleaning.

But, so far so good ....
Regards, ==Jeff
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.