HP722C - not printing blue and green (22 Views)
Occasional Visitor
David Atkinson_2
Message 1 of 3 (22 Views)

HP722C - not printing blue and green

I have a Deskjet HP722C that is not printing blue and green on a XP system. All my color prints are a shade of red/pink. I have replaced the color cartridge. Also the documents print fine when using black. I have done a "clean catridge" several times. It has been suggested to me that the inkjets are stopped up, if this is true, how do i clean them? I have also gone back to my Win Me bootup and still the same problem. Any suggestions are appreciated including suggesting other forums to post this question. Thx.
- Dave
Not all that wander are lost. - JRR Tolkien
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Dead UserID_3
Message 2 of 3 (22 Views)

Re: HP722C - not printing blue and green

Try the self-test for your printer -

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpd07098.html#P83_2759

If this does not match the dots on the cartridge, you have either a bad cartridge or printer. You can get bad cartridges out-of-the-box.

If certain colors do not print but there is still ink in the cartridge, the nozzle is clogged. I have never used these but have heard users who unclogged nozzles by sitting the cartridge is a saucer of water for several minutes. Also have heard reports of cleaning the nozzle ports with a q-tip dipped in alchol. Neither of these is "school" approved but probably worth trying before you discard a cartridge.

Good luck.
As a last resort, read the manual
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
steve_219
Message 3 of 3 (22 Views)

Re: HP722C - not printing blue and green

Dave ...did you cure the problem - my printer is playing up too - model 640C - similar model .

Steve
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation