Re: HP Software Installation Error - Operating System Issue (121 Views)
Occasional Visitor
C.A.
Message 1 of 2 (121 Views)

HP Software Installation Error - Operating System Issue

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 running Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit). I also have a HP Color LaserJet 2840 Printer. The disc that came with the HP doesn't support Vista, so I downloaded the software from HP's site. Upon installing the software, I received the following three errors:

- The Operating System on this computer is not supported. The installation cannot continue until this is resolved.

Current OS: Windows XP
Supported: Vista

- This software cannot be installed using the 'Run As...' command. The installation cannot continue until this is resolved.

- Windows XP Media Center does not match the list of supported configurations. This is only a warning message. The installation can continue.

I've attached a picture showing the errors.

I really need to be able to scan on this computer and as it stands I can't. Printing seems to be working fine, as the drivers automatically install when the printer is connected.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Esteemed Contributor
Jules
Message 2 of 2 (121 Views)

Re: HP Software Installation Error - Operating System Issue

Strange that it reports your OS as Win XP.
I would try installing the firmware update. Then download and install the 'Full Software Solution" for your region.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=445197&p...
---++++Only read the manual as a last resort++++---.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.