Re: HP Software Installation Error - Operating System Issue (84 Views)
Occasional Visitor
C.A.
Message 1 of 2 (84 Views)

HP Software Installation Error - Operating System Issue

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 running Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit). I also have a HP Color LaserJet 2840 Printer. The disc that came with the HP doesn't support Vista, so I downloaded the software from HP's site. Upon installing the software, I received the following three errors:

- The Operating System on this computer is not supported. The installation cannot continue until this is resolved.

Current OS: Windows XP
Supported: Vista

- This software cannot be installed using the 'Run As...' command. The installation cannot continue until this is resolved.

- Windows XP Media Center does not match the list of supported configurations. This is only a warning message. The installation can continue.

I've attached a picture showing the errors.

I really need to be able to scan on this computer and as it stands I can't. Printing seems to be working fine, as the drivers automatically install when the printer is connected.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Jules
Message 2 of 2 (84 Views)

Re: HP Software Installation Error - Operating System Issue

Strange that it reports your OS as Win XP.
I would try installing the firmware update. Then download and install the 'Full Software Solution" for your region.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=445197&p...
---++++Only read the manual as a last resort++++---.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation