02-10-2007 06:00 AM
02-27-2007 04:21 AM
Print a config page and make sure this exactly matches the pc settings, things like A4 standard and A4 custom are NOT the same paper size, this simple issue can cause this.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
03-04-2007 12:46 AM
Please follow the below steps to check the printer hardware:
The steps should help us to print a Hardware(mechanical) Test page.
1. Turn the printer on.
2. Press and hold the POWER button( don't release).
3. Press the RESUME button four times.
4. Release the POWER button.
Resume is the button with a down Arrow symbol.
If the test page prints, the hardware is fine.
Then follow the below steps to check the software settings:
1. Click Start >>> Control Panel >>> Printers and other Hardware >>> Printers and Faxes.
2. Right click on the Hp Deskjet 5550 series icon there and select Printing Prefernces.
A Window will open.
3. Select the "Paper Quality" tab.
4.Select the Paper Size as 'Letter'
5.Select the Paper Type as 'Plain Paper' (important)
6.Click Apply and OK.
Then load few plain papers in the printer and try printing a word document and check the result.
Get back with the results.
03-04-2007 01:36 AM
hp deskjet 5550 Series
Serial Number: MY23Q3J0PR2L
Service ID: 12250
FW Revision: MR00511C
Total Engine Page Count: 0/0
PCL Default Symbol Set: 341
Mfg 0-2: 000000000000
T val: 231
Error Code: 90020701
checked the software like you said and it made no difference.