HP Color Laserjet CP6015DN has multiple issues (52 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Trey Clifton
Message 1 of 3 (52 Views)

HP Color Laserjet CP6015DN has multiple issues

We have two fairly new CP6015DN printers. The customers have been having a problem one minute then that problem will go away and they'll get another. (i.e., they can't print then they will be able to then they can print from tray #2 but not #1) Is this a driver issue? I checked and it shows they are using the HP Color Laserjet CP6015DN PCL 6 driver. It is followed by (61.74.42.1), what ever that means. Trey
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Mihelj Marko
Message 2 of 3 (52 Views)

Re: HP Color Laserjet CP6015DN has multiple issues

No habla ...
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 3 of 3 (52 Views)

Re: HP Color Laserjet CP6015DN has multiple issues

Your not giving much information, errors are captured on the event log within the printer so printing this will show if you have any genuine errors.
You might simply have an issue here where someone has different media settings so they click print and the printer is asking for particular media or ignoring a tray because it does not have that media.

Personally I would print the event log and run the paper path diagnostics tests to ensure the printer itself feeds reliably from every tray and option i.e duplex.
Once I'm happy that's the case then I would look further - you would need to give more information at that stage, what OS, what are they printing when this happens etc.
If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation