HP Color Laserjet 5 paper jam message (60 Views)
Regular Advisor
ian chisnall
Message 1 of 6 (60 Views)

HP Color Laserjet 5 paper jam message

Dear Forum
please may I request advice :
after doing a print job on the above printer I was unable to do more since the 13.2 error message showed on the control panel. I think this refers to paper jam but am not sure. The message was not cleared by opening and shutting the top cover, or by checking the paper tray or inside the paper tray compartment. Indeed no sign of paper is found inside the top cover or in the paper tray compartment and the message appears when I shut the printer down and start up again.
Any advice would be most gratefully received
Yours sincerely
Ian
Occasional Visitor
Dijedon_1
Message 2 of 6 (60 Views)

Re: HP Color Laserjet 5 paper jam message

check if any sensor in the printer is blocked
in the peaper tray or under the cartridge ...
Honored Contributor
razzer
Message 3 of 6 (60 Views)

i believe that on the laserjet 5 this refers more specifically to the cassette paper detection sensor above the cassette tray.it detects the presence of media in the tray.it is just above where the paper is stacked in the tray.it may be stuck out of position or something.
Honored Contributor
David Zuts
Message 4 of 6 (60 Views)

Actually when you get a 13 error on the LJ5 you have to open and close the door associated with the jam before the message will clear. I may be wrong, but I think you message relates to the exit sensor on the fuser and I do not see anywhere in you post where you have opened the back door to check for paper there and if there is paper, removing it and closing the back door. If there is paper back there it will probably be still activating the sensor in the fuser so it will not clean.
Honored Contributor
David Zuts
Message 5 of 6 (60 Views)

Please disregard my post as I misread the item as a hp5 and not the color hp5. Sorry. Come to think of it I seem to remember a door in the back where paper can get caught.
Regular Advisor
ian chisnall
Message 6 of 6 (60 Views)

Dear All who have replied
Thank you for your invaluable input. Following the helpful comments I was able to decide to have a look at the fuser assembly unit, and, upon removing it, I found a hitherto unsuspected sheet of jammed paper lodged in its hidden part.
The removal of this solved the problem happily
Thank you again
Ian
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.