HP Color LaserJet 5550dn not printing multiple copies, causing Word to crash (91 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Ben Armour
Message 1 of 3 (91 Views)

HP Color LaserJet 5550dn not printing multiple copies, causing Word to crash

I just installed an HP Color LaserJet 5550dn printer in our environment, but it doing some unusual things. This is not the first model we've purchased, so it is even more strange that only this one has issues.

When a user selects to have more than one copy of a document print, only the first copy prints.

When trying to use Envelopes and Labels in Microsoft Word with the above printer selected as the default, Word crashes. Selecting a different printer resolves the problem.

I've tried all three printer drivers, PCL 5, PCL 6, and PS. The system is Windows 2000 Pro.

Should I delete the printer object on my server and recreate it?

ben
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
ALIOUA
Message 2 of 3 (91 Views)

Re: HP Color LaserJet 5550dn not printing multiple copies, causing Word to crash

Hello,
Verify in the printer driver setting if you don't activate the spoole to the hard disk
start -->setting-->printer choose the printer 5550 and click the rihgt button then click properties-->device setting
and desactivate the hard disk option if you haven't this option.
Try and see.
Please let us know
Regards
Alioua
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Ben Armour
Message 3 of 3 (91 Views)

Re: HP Color LaserJet 5550dn not printing multiple copies, causing Word to crash

Do you mean to disable the "Job Storage" option?

This printer already had the "Hard Disk" option disabled.

Please see the attached photo...

I did disable the "Mopier" option, and now it will print multiple copies. I havne't had time to verify if the Word crashing problem still exists.

ben
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation