ColorLaserJet 4500 Error codes (646 Views)
Occasional Contributor
David Derow
Message 1 of 5 (646 Views)
Accepted Solution

ColorLaserJet 4500 Error codes

I am looking for a list of error messages. I am receiving and error message 54.6 or 56.4 and cannot find any reference materials for these codes.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
razzer
Message 2 of 5 (646 Views)

Re: ColorLaserJet 4500 Error codes

the 54.6 error involves either a stuck or blocked sensor in the ITB area.there's more info on it but i don't have a lot of time at the moment. i would suggest going onto the hp site and downloading the 4500/4550 user manual and look under troubleshooting and then numerical error messages.the error code is listed there with some info and tables showing sensor locations.good luck.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
mtest
Message 3 of 5 (646 Views)

54.6 = OHT sensor error. This can be caused by a piece of paper blocking the connection on the ITB drawer or the sensor could be blocked or bad. Open the middle(ITB) drawer and remove the transfer belt , lift the registration flap and see if the sensor in the middle is dirty or blocked. If not remove the drawer and look at the plug in connection on the bottom of the drawer and where it plugs into the inside the printer to see if something is blocking the connection (small piece of paper). Reinstall the drawer and transfer belt. Power cycle the printer , error should be gone.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
bailbonddog1
Message 4 of 5 (644 Views)

Thank you! I found the piece of paper interurpting the connection. I had over looked this numerous times until seeing your message. The tiny piece of paper actually looked like a wire coating. Thanks again!
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 5 of 5 (639 Views)

Keep this handy as well, I made this file to hand out while delivering 4500 training courses as engineers would have errors during the tear downs and need them for the field.

Hope it helps anyone else with an error.

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation