Color Laserjet 5500 series and manual feed (39 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Sherri Sanders
Message 1 of 3 (39 Views)

Color Laserjet 5500 series and manual feed

I have a newer color laserjet 5500 series printer. If more than one person is trying to print to the printer it goes into Manual Feed mode. There is nothing wrong with the printer. I do not see any issues with the way it is configured on the network. So what happens is when one person prints, it will take the print and print it. Then the next person it will say it will need to manual feed. Though when you go press the Green/Go button it will pull the paper from the correct drawer. Thanks, Sherri :)
Honored Contributor
Dave Haro
Message 2 of 3 (39 Views)

Re: Color Laserjet 5500 series and manual feed

Sherry,

Not exactly sure what you want but am guessing on this. Go into Configure Device Menu and under Manual Feed option select OFF. You can also try going into System Setup Menu and under Tray Behavior select USE REQUESTED TRAY rather that MANUAL FEED PROMPT.

If this doesn't help here is the link to the User's Guide. You might be able to find what you need.

http://tinyurl.com/7ch5c

Dave
Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 3 of 3 (39 Views)

Re: Color Laserjet 5500 series and manual feed

I would also check if its happening consistently from the same user, if that sthe case then they may have a setting in the printer driver or a software setttign set wrong.
I have seen similar myself where one person on our entire network was trying to print LETTER size instead of A4, the printer then went to the manual tray and sat there with everyones calls backing up.
We found in that case that Word itself was set incorrectly.
If its the same user but not from the same pc then it may be something in their profile if it roams with them, same sort of thing to look for though.
If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.