Color LaserJet CP3525n making noise (1882 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Dianna Lewis
Message 1 of 4 (1,882 Views)

Color LaserJet CP3525n making noise

My CLJ CP3525n makes a squealing noise when printing.  It does not do it everytime.  But it is extremely annoying.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 4 (1,852 Views)

Re: Color LaserJet CP3525n making noise

Dianna,

Try using the Component Test located under the Diagnostics Menu of the Control Panel.  This diagnostic should let you run hardware tests on individual components until you can isolate the squeek.  Once you find it then look up the part number in the Service Manual:

http://www.feedroller.com/Store/Service%20Manual/HP-CLJ-CP3525-Manual.pdf

It could be as easy as swapping out your toner cartridges.  If you have spares or alternative cartridges from another 3525 try swapping them out.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple star under my UserName)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Dianna Lewis
Message 3 of 4 (1,845 Views)

thank you for your help.  i ran every test under diagnostic and did not find the problem. 

any other suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 4 of 4 (1,842 Views)

Dianna,

The good news is that if the component test did not reproduce the squeek that your part will be relatively easy and cheap to repair.  It is most likely a roller of some kind at this point.  I'd suggest purchasing a roller kit and swapping them out one at a time until the problem goes away.

Unless you can put your ear down to the printer and listen to what part of the printer the squeek is coming from I wont be able to help you much more from here.  Remember to also try swapping out the cartridges if you have another 3525 lying around to rule out another easy fix.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple star under my UserName)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation