Color LaserJet 2550L - Does not print or respond (1687 Views)
Regular Advisor
Martin Capehart
Message 1 of 4 (1,687 Views)
Accepted Solution

Color LaserJet 2550L - Does not print or respond

When you turn this printer on it goes through the normal initization process.  Once complete the ready light is blinking - the service manual says the printer is receiving or processing data and to press the cancel button - the ready becomes solid - there is no response when you press the Go Button or the Go Button & Cancel Button at the same time.  If you press the Rotate Carousel Button the carousel does rotate snd stop so you can remove a toner cartridge.  At no time does the printer show the receipt of data or try to print.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor
Pier3v
Message 2 of 4 (1,682 Views)

Re: Color LaserJet 2550L - Does not print or respond

Any other light on?

Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 3 of 4 (1,666 Views)

Try an engine test, if this works then the issue may be your formatter.

Open Tray 1 (MP tray), there is a button in the top left, press that.

The type of engine test is dictated by the last job you did, if the last job used Tray 2 and was colour then the engine test will be colour and from tray 2, if mono then the engine test will be mono.

If you don't get an engine test try some media in the MP tray in case that was used last.

From your information I suspect this will work and you will get your printout, your then fault finding on the formatter board itself which should make your resolution quicker.

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
Regular Advisor
Martin Capehart
Message 4 of 4 (1,632 Views)

This has taklen a while because of a backordered part.  I checked the LEDs again and checked for secondary error codes.  The error code was a fuser error.  When I pulled the fuser the main drive gear was damaged - I replaced the fuser and still had problems.  I just happeded to notice sparks coming out of the fuser motor, while looking down on the printer froma bove, while I was trying to print something again.  It took 7 weeks but I replaced the fuser motor today and the problem is solved.  Thanks for pointing me back to the basics.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.