CP1215 - ghosting on right side esp. magenta (117 Views)
Occasional Advisor
DonLynch
Message 1 of 3 (117 Views)

CP1215 - ghosting on right side esp. magenta

Hi,
Right hand side ghosts on magenta especially - Print a config page Top block rhs is shadowed but block rhs bottom ok - also in same config page bottom lhs the L shaped col. alignment bars with all cols. is fine, whereas rhs bars are jumbled with misalignment. I have thus far...
-split open Laser box and cleaned all mirrors etc. (like HP 2600 syntoms/fix)
-swopped full set of toners for known good.
-done calibration.
Mechanically the sliding toner-tray is sound, but cannot really verify that the belt is sound.
Only done 20k pages.
thanks
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Greg Gruchacz
Message 2 of 3 (117 Views)

Re: CP1215 - ghosting on right side esp. magenta

Don:

It would help if you could let us know the distance between the ghost images. Measure from the leading edge of the original image to the leading edge of the first ghost image and post the information here. We should be able to determine the component causing your problem once you post this information.

Greg
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
DonLynch
Message 3 of 3 (117 Views)

Re: CP1215 - ghosting on right side esp. magenta

Hi Greg,
thanks for the quick response,
pardon me but I mean shadowing rather than ghosting, i.e. square box images in the config sheet having an outline magenta shadow on them... the magenta being part of the colour mix I assume but it is not quite sync'd in with the colour palet and appears as a shadow.
Don
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation