Align Print Cartridges Error: Officejet 6110 (1973 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Shawn Kay
Message 1 of 6 (1,973 Views)

Align Print Cartridges Error: Officejet 6110

I have an Office Jet 6110 All-in-one printer. I continue to get a message on the panel that says "Press enter to align print cartridges" as if I had just changed the cartridges (which I had not). I press "Enter" and it begins to go through the alignment process....it feeds the paper through, the cartridges start to move back and forth, I can see the blue light flashing when I look through the paper tray, etc. However, as soon as it appears as though it's going to go through the process, it spits the blank paper out and says "alignment process failed". And that's that.

I've tried changing the cartridges, plugging and unplugging the printer, etc. All to no avail.

Can anyone help?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mark Buffett
Message 2 of 6 (1,972 Views)

Re: Align Print Cartridges Error: Officejet 6110

It usually will say that if it cant read the lines its printing. For example, if the cartridges are not spraying ink onto the paper, it of course will not be able to see it. Are there color lines as well as black lines when it trying to align? I think it uses black and yellow at least when its aligning.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Ken Palasak
Message 3 of 6 (1,972 Views)

I am having the same problem. Mine printed the black portion of the test and the blue check marks on the right side. But that is it.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Bob Headrick
Message 4 of 6 (1,972 Views)

Shawn -

You say the page is blank in the alignment page. Will it print normal pages? Try printing a self-test page as shown at:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/famiDocument?dlc=en&lc=en&product=12019&cc=us&docname=bpu00734

Is there any printing? If the printer is stuck at the "Press enter to align cartridges" state you can clear this by pressing and holding the Enter button, then press the Menu button (while holding the Enter button). See http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpu00657

Ken -

It sounds like your cartrdige is missing yellow. The check marks are supposed to be green (=cyan+yellow) and there should be yellow alignment marks intersperced with the black.

Try printing a self-test page as shown above. If the yellow does not print in this test you probably have a defective cartridge. See http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/famiDocument?dlc=en&lc=en&product=12019&cc=us&docname=bpu02176
for steps to take. If the cartridge does not respond to cleaning and it is an original HP cartridge then check the cartridge warranty as shown
at:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bua02014.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging
(points appreciated)

{-- If this helped click the Kudos star.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Ken Palasak
Message 5 of 6 (1,972 Views)

Thanks Bob.

I went ahead and put 2 brand new cartridges in the machine. I am still getting the cartridge align error.

I ran the self test and everything printed perfect except the black. It is printing like the ink is low. This is the 4th ink cartridge I have tried.

Any other ideas?

Ken
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Kevion Kouba
Message 6 of 6 (1,972 Views)

What's up with HP not being able to give us an answer? Why do we have to sit around and ask each other? Hmmm.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation