Re: "Client read failed. An established connection was aborted by the software in your host mac (474 Views)
Advisor
MatthewWilson
Message 1 of 9 (555 Views)
Accepted Solution

"Client read failed. An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine"

Hi everyone.

I'm getting a most unusual error.   I'm trying to set the disposition on a container to "Active".   It runs for a while, then fails with the error

"Function request (Execute Transaction) for HP TRIM Workgroup Server 'act-trimwg2' failed. Client read failed. An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. (0x00002745)."

I haven't seen this before.   It only ran for a little while (about a minute) before failing.   Has anyone seen this?

We're running TRIM 7.1.0 #1157

Thanks!

Matt

HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 2 of 9 (537 Views)

Re: "Client read failed. An established connection was aborted by the software in your host mac

I've seen it before but not when performing this operation.

Is this the only way the error is received, are all other functions able to be performed from that client machine?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Advisor
MatthewWilson
Message 3 of 9 (522 Views)

Re: "Client read failed. An established connection was aborted by the software in your host mac

Yes, this is the only time I've seen this error and "everything else" (according to my limited imagination) is working fine.   A couple of observations, though:

(1) while the operation is running, these no dialog window.  There's a message in the status bar area (lower-left) of the TRIM GUI, though - that's unusual for TRIM. 

(2) two records inside the container that I'm updating are related parts, both together in the same container.  So there is a pop-up when the operation starts, saying "The Record being archived has a contained Record (2007/3498-01) that is related to other Records" and "The Record being archived has a contained Record (2007/3498-02) that is related to other Records"

There are also some interesting things in the workgroup server logs when this is running - according to the WG, the client actually appears to log out a couple of times during the process.   That's also pretty strange.

Thanks!

Valued Contributor
Tamara Hoagland
Message 4 of 9 (508 Views)

Matthew,

I've had an issue changing Disposition in the past when the Container had a lot of records contained within.

Maybe this is an issue for you as well?

In my case, I had to move some contents to another Container.

Note that HP recommends no more than 300 items in any Container.

Regards,
Tamara
HP Expert
Neil Summers
Message 5 of 9 (500 Views)

I've seen strange disconnects like this when the TRIM client and server aren't on the same version, especially if the client's on an older version/build than the server. Worth checking.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HP.

(Please state the version of TRIM/HPRM you're using in all posts)

HP Software Support Online (SSO): http://support.openview.hp.com
Advisor
MatthewWilson
Message 6 of 9 (483 Views)

Definitely the same versions - 7.1.0 #1157

Advisor
MatthewWilson
Message 7 of 9 (479 Views)

I tried breaking the task up by moving sub-containers out into a separate container and moving them back one by one.   This time I got a different error!

"Function request (Execute Transaction) for HP TRIM Workgroup Server 'pcbr01vtrim01' failed. Server did not respond with pingback messages within the expected time."

Advisor
MatthewWilson
Message 8 of 9 (474 Views)

Broke it down to the sub-sub-container level and ... we're done.

There were a few sub-sub-containers with ~150 documents and one with ~330.   Dunno if that was enough to cause the problem but it's done now.

Thanks everyone!

Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 9 of 9 (461 Views)

If you need to do more destructions of containers which have lots of documents AND you have a secondary workgroup server, you can tweak the communication settings for that server and re-process.  Point your client to the secondary server and destroy away!  I've been able to destroy folders with ~1,000 contained items by increasing these settings on the server.  

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.