Trim 7.3.4 Crashes on VMBX (301 Views)
Valued Contributor
RodgerDodger
Message 1 of 5 (301 Views)
Accepted Solution

Trim 7.3.4 Crashes on VMBX

We are testing Trim 7.3.4.5739.  When I try to view a VMBX File, Trim Crashes.   Has anyone experienced this?

I loaded the client on two machines and the same thing happens on both machines.

We are using Groupwise 8.

Thanks.

RD

Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 2 of 5 (291 Views)

Re: Trim 7.3.4 Crashes on VMBX

I've seen it happen when the original VMBX has problems.  Sometimes there have been attachments embedded within the VMBX with invalid filenames (the file name is either too long or has too many periods).  The VMBX embedded attachment header breaks up the filename poorly and stuffs it all up.

If it's an isolated thing then it's the VMBX. 

Personally I've been helping customers convert all their VMBXs to MSG or EML.  Easiest for the long term as VMBX is very unique to TRIM.

Valued Contributor
RodgerDodger
Message 3 of 5 (287 Views)

Thanks Erik.

It is occurring with all VMBX files whether they have an attachment or not.  It looks like we may have to convert the files over before we proceed with the upgrade.

I will contact HP Support with this problem.

RD

Valued Contributor
RodgerDodger
Message 4 of 5 (251 Views)

The solution is install Vcredit_x86.exe.  Microsoft C++ redistributable package.  Then you can view the emails.

RD

Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 5 of 5 (232 Views)

That's not a solution, that's just a normal prerequisite! ;)

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

Kapish.com.au
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.