Re: TRIM Workflow - Unable to Import Workflow v5 to v6.2 (203 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Huzai
Message 1 of 7 (243 Views)

TRIM Workflow - Unable to Import Workflow v5 to v6.2

Hi there,

Currently we are trying to upgrade from TRIM 5.2 to TRIM 7.1 . The dataset is fine by upgrading from TRIM 5.2 to TRIM 6.2 and then to TRIM 7.1. However, I am unable to import the workflow templates from TRIM 5.2 to TRIM 6.2. When I import it, only blank screen appears without any activity.

May I know is there a proper way to export and import TRIM Workflow from v5 to v6 and then to v7.1?

It looks like I'm doing it in a wrong way.

Your help is very appreciated.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 2 of 7 (239 Views)

Re: TRIM Workflow - Unable to Import Workflow v5 to v6.2

When you upgrade your TRIM Dataset, there is also an Upgrade Workflow function that you must run.

Right-click your dataset in the TES > Schema > Upgrade Workflow.

If you imported an old workflow, you might need to run that tool, but normally it is run for workflow templates and active workflows that are already existing in the dataset during the upgrade.

I'm not sure if it will help with imported workflows from the older versions.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Huzai
Message 3 of 7 (236 Views)

Thank you for the reply, Grundy.

Let me detail out the upgrading process that we did:
- Upgrade dataset schema from v5 to 6.2
- Upgrade workflow templates
- Re-index word

Then, launch the dataset and it works fine. The same process and steps are being applied to upgrade from v6.2 to v7.1. Launch the dataset in TRIM 7.1 and there is no workflow templates in there.

I was wondering during the upgrading process from v5.2 to v6.2... do I need to export out the workflow templates before upgrading the dataset to TRIM 7.1?

Since there is no error during the upgrade process... I thought that the workflow templates have been upgraded as well. However I can't find any workflow templates in there.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 4 of 7 (232 Views)

All your workflow templates and active workflows should remain in the dataset during each upgrade, though there might be issues with dealing with such extremely old templates (Context 5).

There were occasional issues over the years with the Workflow upgrades and not enough sites used it heavily enough to warrant much focus in that area.  (There were some Defects/CRs raised and fixed across various builds of 6.2)

Which version/build of 6.2. did you upgrade to before going to 7.1?

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Huzai
Message 5 of 7 (227 Views)

[ Edited ]

Grundy,

I have read through the TRIMSper for TRIM 6.2 release (6.2.2, 6.2.4, 6.2.5) and didn't find anything on importing Workflow. There were indeed a lot of workflow issues in TRIM 6.2.2 but none is about importing workflow.

I have tried using both version TRIM 6.2.2 (build 8598) and TRIM 6.2.4 (build 1226). Both versions also are unable to display the workflow templates. I only saw a blank workflow template.

Apart from creating these workflow templates (from scratch) directly in TRIM 7.1... is there any alternative or work around for this?

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 6 of 7 (209 Views)

The templates are just XML files.

You could possibly look at the XML in a 7.1 template and compare it to your older templates to see what might be wrong and just alter the XML as needed.

Safest option here is to recreate the workflows though.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Huzai
Message 7 of 7 (203 Views)

I see. Thanks for the advice, Grundy.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation